This topic describes how to use a sample template in Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) to deploy a WordPress environment based on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and ApsaraDB RDS.
WordPress is a blog platform that is developed in the PHP programming language and paired with a MySQL database. You can use a sample template to deploy a WordPress environment based on ECS and ApsaraDB RDS. The ECS and ApsaraDB RDS instances are created on the CentOS 7 operating system.
Create a stack
- Log on to the ROS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Find the Create a WordPress Environment Based on ECS and ApsaraDB for RDS template.
- Click Create Stack.
- In the Configure Template Parameters step of the Use New Resources (Standard) wizard, set Stack Name and the following parameters.
Parameter Description VPC CIDR Block The CIDR block of the virtual private cloud (VPC). VSwitch Availability Zone The zone ID of the vSwitch. VSwitch CIDR Block The CIDR block of the vSwitch, which must be within the range of the CIDR block of the VPC. Instance Type The instance type of the ECS instance. Image The ID of the image. The default value is centos_7. Instance Password The password that is used to log on to the ECS instance. DB Instance Class The instance type of the ApsaraDB RDS instance. Engine The database engine and engine version. DB Instance Storage The storage capacity of the ApsaraDB RDS instance. DB Name The name of the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL database. DB Username The username that is used to log on to the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL database. DB Password The password that is used to log on to the ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL database.
- Click Create.
- View the stack status on the Stack Information tab of the stack management page. After the stack is created, click the Outputs tab and obtain the WordPress URL on the tab.
- Open the URL and log on to the WordPress console.
- Log on to the ROS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stacks.
- On the Stacks page, click the stack that you created.
- On the stack management page, click the Resources tab to view the resource list. The following table describes the resource information in this example.
Resource type Quantity Description Specifications ALIYUN::ECS::Instance 1 Creates an ECS instance to deploy the WordPress service. A single instance of the following specifications is created:
- InstanceType: ecs.c5.large
- SystemDiskCategory: cloud_efficiency
- SystemDiskSize: 40
- AllocatePublicIP: true
ALIYUN::ECS::VPC 1 Creates a VPC to ensure network security. None ALIYUN::ECS::VSwitch 1 Creates a vSwitch in the VPC to manage instances within a zone. None ALIYUN::RDS::DBInstance 1 Creates an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance to store data of the WordPress service. The cost depends on the instance type and storage capacity.
- DBInstanceStorage: 5
- DBInstanceClass: rds.mysql.t1.small (1 core, 1 GB memory)