You can unpublish published community images if you want to update or stop maintaining them. This topic describes how to unpublish a community image in the ECS console.
Before you unpublish a community image, take note of the following items:
- After a community image is unpublished, it is not open to other Alibaba Cloud accounts. If the community image is shared with other Alibaba Cloud accounts before it is unpublished, the share relationship continues.
- If a community image is unpublished, system disks of ECS instances created by using this community image cannot be re-initialized.
- Go to the Images page.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Custom Image tab, find the custom image that is published as a community image. Move the pointer over the icon in the Actions column and click Image of off-shelf community.
- In the Image of off-shelf community message, confirm the image information and click OK.
After the community image is unpublished, Mirror has been removed from the community mirror is prompted on the Images page.