Elastic Container Instance (ECI) elastic scheduling is an elastic scheduling strategy provided by Alibaba Cloud. You can add annotations to specify the resources that you want to use when you deploy applications. You can use only Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances or elastic container instances, or automatically request elastic container instances when ECS resources are insufficient. ECI elastic scheduling can meet your resource requirements in different workload scenarios.
alibabacloud.com/burst-resourceannotation can be set to one of the following values:
- If the value is left empty, only existing ECS resources in the cluster are used. This is the default value.
- eci: Elastic container instances are used when the ECS resources in the cluster are insufficient.
- eci_only: Only elastic container instances are used. The ECS resources in the cluster are not used.
- Create the nginx-deployment.yaml file and copy the following content to the file:
apiVersion: apps/v1 kind: Deployment metadata: name: nginx labels: app: nginx spec: replicas: 4 selector: matchLabels: app: nginx template: metadata: name: nginx annotations: alibabacloud.com/burst-resource: eci # This annotation specifies the type of resource that you want to use. labels: app: nginx spec: containers: - name: nginx image: nginx resources: limits: cpu: 2 requests: cpu: 2
- Run the following command to create pods that use elastic container instances:
kubectl apply -f nginx-deployment.yaml