This topic describes how to back up the individual databases and tables of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
Configure ApsaraDB RDS to automatically back up individual databases and tables
For data security purposes, ApsaraDB RDS performs automatic backups to back up all the databases and tables of your RDS instance. These automatic backups do not support individual databases and tables.
- If you do not need to back up some databases and tables, we recommend that you delete these databases and tables or migrate them to your computer.
- If you want to reduce the size and storage cost of your backup files, see Billing.
- If you want to restore individual databases and tables in the event of exceptions,
see the following table.
Instance configuration Restoration method MySQL 8.0, 5.7, or 5.6 on RDS High-availability Edition with local SSDs
- Log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console and set the Restore Individual Database/Table option to Enabled in the backup settings of your RDS instance. Then, you can use the newly generated backup files to restore individual databases and tables. For more information, see Automatic backup.
- On the Backup and Restoration page, click Restore Individual Database/Table to back up individual databases and tables. For more information, see Restore individual databases and tables of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
Other configuration Use the mysqldump plug-in to back up and restore your RDS instance. For more information, see How do I back up and restore the database of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance?
Back up individual databases and tables
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Back Up Instance.
- In the dialog box that appears, set the Select Backup Mode parameter to Logical Backup and set the Backup Policy parameter to Database/Table Backup.
- Select the databases that you want to back up in the left-side section, click the
rightwards arrow to move the selected databases to the right-side section, and then
ApsaraDB RDS generates a logical backup task. You can view the progress of the logical backup task in the upper-right corner of the page.
You can restore the data of your RDS instance from the generated logical backup file. For more information, see Restore the data of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance from a logical backup file to a self-managed MySQL instance.
|CreateBackup||Creates a data backup for an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|