AnalyticDB for MySQL provides the elastic storage plan feature to help reduce storage costs. This topic describes the use, purchase, and billing methods of storage plans.
Storage plans are subscription storage resources that can be purchased on the buy page and are valid only for AnalyticDB for MySQL elastic subscription clusters.
You are charged for elastic subscription clusters on an hourly basis based on the actual amount of hot and cold data storage used. Bills are generated and fees are deducted every hour. AnalyticDB for MySQL provides the elastic storage plan feature to facilitate payments and provide discounts. This also prevents your clusters from being locked when your account balance is insufficient.
We recommend that you purchase clusters together with storage plans to receive discounts. By default, hot data storage is used when you create tables in elastic clusters. Storage plans can be used to deduct fees that start from the day when you purchase them.
Purchase a storage plan
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for MySQL console with an Alibaba Cloud account.
- Click the Storage Plans tab.
- On the page that appears, select one of the following types of storage resources:
- For Hot Data in Mainland China: Storage plans are used to deduct the storage space for hot data of clusters in regions inside mainland China.
- For Cold Data in Mainland China: Storage plans are used to deduct the storage space for cold data of clusters in regions inside mainland China.
- For Hot Data in China (Hong Kong) and Outside China: Storage plans are used to deduct the storage space for hot data of clusters in the China (Hong Kong) region and regions outside China.
- For Cold Data in China (Hong Kong) and Outside China: Storage plans are used to deduct the storage space for cold data of clusters in the China (Hong Kong) region and regions outside China.
- By default, the specification of a storage plan is set to 100 GB. Select the subscription
Note A storage plan takes effect on the hour when you purchase the plan and expires at 00:00 the day after the expiration date. After the storage plan takes effect, the storage plan can offset your pay-as-you-go storage resources until expiration. For example, if you purchase a storage plan at 09:28 on January 1, 2020, the storage plan takes effect at 09:00 on the day. If the subscription duration of the storage plan is one month, the expiration time is 00:00 on January 31, 2020.
- Select the number of storage plans that you want to purchase. Multiple storage plans
can be purchased and combined.
For example, a user wants to store 420 GB of hot data and 890 GB of cold data. The optimal method is to purchase four storage plans for hot data and nine storage plans for cold data. The four storage plans for hot data deduct 400 GB of storage space. The remaining 20 GB of storage space is charged by hour.
- Click Buy Now and pay for the order to purchase the storage plans.
The following table lists the prices of storage plans in the China (Hong Kong) region, regions inside mainland China, and regions outside China. The settlement currency is CNY.
|Storage capacity||Regions inside mainland China (CNY/month)||The China (Hong Kong) region and regions outside China (CNY/month)|
|100 GB for hot data||200||300|
|100 GB for cold data||12||13|
- Billing method
- Storage plans support the subscription billing method.
Billing method Payment method Currency Subscription When you purchase a storage plan, you must pay for all fees upfront. You are not charged other fees throughout the lifecycle of the storage plan. CNY
- View deduction details and renew plans
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console.
- In the top navigation bar, click Expenses in the upper-right corner.
- Choose . On the Resource Packages page, view the deduction details of resource plans and renew resource plans that are about to expire.