The Data Map service of DataWorks allows you to query tables on the homepage of Data Map by using a keyword. It also allows you to view the tables that you have recently browsed or read. If no search results are returned when you query a newly created table in the Data Map service of DataWorks, the possible cause is a latency of DataWorks in obtaining metadata. This topic describes how to address this issue.
- Possible cause 1: You entered an invalid keyword and no tables that match the keyword can be found.
- Possible cause 2: The table that you want to query has just been created, and no search results can be returned because of a latency of DataWorks in obtaining metadata.
- Check the keyword that you have entered.
Make sure that the keyword that you have entered is valid and matches the table that you want to query.
- Manually synchronize the table.
If the table that you want to query exists and the keyword that you have entered is correct, the possible cause is that the metadata of the newly created table has not been synchronized. In this case, you need to manually synchronize the table. Use one of the following methods to synchronize the table:
- Click Manually Sync Table on the query result page.
set Table GUID to a value in the format of Project name.Table name, and click Manually Sync Table.
in Data Map of the DataWorks console. On the page that appears,