This topic describes how to delete a private key store. After a private key store is deleted, you cannot manage and use the keys in the private key store by using Key Management Service (KMS). If your keys are used by online applications, this operation may affect online business. Proceed with caution.
- The deletion is scheduled for all customer master keys (CMKs) in the private key store. For more information, see Schedule the deletion of a CMK.
- The private key store is disconnected after the CMKs are deleted. For more information, see Disconnect from a private key store.
- Log on to the KMS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the private key store
resides.For more information about the regions that support private key stores, see Overview.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click KeyStores.
- On the KeyStores page, find the private key store that you want to delete and click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the Delete KeyStore message, click OK.