This topic describes the cause and solution of the message "The source database account does not have the sysadmin permission" that appears during precheck.
The source database of the incremental data migration task is an SQL Server database, and the source database account does not have the sysadmin permission. To migrate incremental data, the source database account must have the sysadmin permission. Otherwise, the logs of the source database cannot be obtained. For more information, see Limits on databases (data migration).
- If the source database is a user-created SQL Server database, grant the sysadmin permission to the account based on the actual scenario.
- If the source database is an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server database, grant the sysadmin
permission to the account by performing the following steps:
- Go to the ticket system and submit a ticket. Submit the ID of your Alibaba Cloud account to the technical support personnel.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console. Click the name of the ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance.
- Choose System Admin Account. . In the Create Account panel, set Account Type to
- For more information, see Create a system admin account on an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance.
- The system admin account has the sysadmin permission.