This topic describes how to purchase an ApsaraDB for HBase Performance-enhanced Edition cluster.
- An Alibaba Cloud account is created.
- An Alibaba Cloud virtual private cloud (VPC) is created. If no VPC is available, log on to the VPC console to create one. For more information, see Create a VPC. The region and zone where the VPC resides must be the same as those of the cluster to be purchased. Otherwise, the cluster cannot be accessed.
Purchase a cluster
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for HBase console. On the Clusters page, click Create HBase Cluster.
- On the buy page, configure the parameters described in the following table.
Configuration category Parameter Description Billing method Product Type Select the subscription or pay-as-you-go billing method.
- Subscription: You must make a one-time payment based on your subscription when you purchase the cluster.
- Pay-as-you-go: You are charged based on the actual usage of the purchased service.
Basic information Service Select HBase. Service Type Select HBaseUE(Lindorm). Region The region where the cluster is deployed.Note
- You cannot change the region after you purchase the cluster. We recommend that you select a region that is in close proximity to the geographic location where your users reside. This allows you to increase the access speeds of your users.
- Make sure that the ApsaraDB for HBase cluster is deployed in the same region as the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance to which you want the cluster to connect. If the cluster and the ECS instance are deployed in different regions, they cannot communicate over an internal network. In this case, they must communicate over the Internet. This reduces performance.
Zone Select a zone that resides in the region. Each region has multiple isolated locations that are known as zones. The power supply and network of each zone are independent. Zones within the same region can access each other over private connections. When a zone fails, the other zones are not affected. Version The default setting of 2.0 is used. Cluster Name The name of the cluster. You can specify a custom name for the cluster. Network parameters Network Type Only VPC is supported. vpcId Select a VPC from the drop-down list. For more information about how to create a VPC, see Create a VPC. vswitchID The vSwitch that corresponds to the specified VPC. For more information about how to create a vSwitch for a VPC, see Create a vSwitch. Specifications and storage Master Node Specification By default, the cluster has two master nodes to implement high availability. For more information about how to select a master node specification, see Cluster specifications. Core Node Disk Type Four disk types are available:
- Standard SSD. This disk type is suitable for the following scenarios:
- Applications that are frequently accessed or have high I/O loads
- NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, HBase, and Cassandra databases
- Ultra Disk. This disk type is suitable for the following scenarios:
- I/O intensive applications
- Small and medium-sized relational databases
- Local HDD. This disk type is suitable for the following scenarios:
- Development and test business
- System disks
- Local SSD. This disk type is suitable for the following scenarios:
- Applications that are not frequently accessed or have low I/O loads
- Applications that feature low costs and random I/O operations
Core Node Specification For more information about how to select a core node specification, see Cluster specifications. Core Nodes The default setting is two nodes. You can add more nodes after the cluster is created. Single Core Node Capacity The valid values range from 400 GB to 40,000 GB. Select a capacity per core node based on your business requirements. Whether to Use Cold Storage ApsaraDB for HBase allows you to store data on separate cold storage media. Code storage is suitable for various cold data scenarios, such as data archiving and storage of less frequently accessed historical data.
- Yes: If this option is selected, specify the cold storage capacity based on your business requirements.
- No: If this option is selected, cold storage is not used.
Other settings Resource Group Resource groups allow you to group and manage resources in multiple regions that belong to an Alibaba Cloud account in a centralized manner. You can select an existing resource group or create a resource group. Duration Select a duration based on your business requirements. You can enable auto-renewal.
- Click Buy Now.
- On the Confirm Order page, read and agree to the service agreement by selecting the check box, and click Activate Now to complete the payment.
What to do next
After the cluster is purchased, refresh the page or log on to the console again. You can find the created cluster on the Clusters page.