This topic describes how to purchase an ApsaraDB for HBase Performance-enhanced Edition instance.
- An Alibaba Cloud account is created.
- An Alibaba Cloud virtual private cloud (VPC) is created. If no VPC is available, log on to the VPC console to create a VPC. For more information, see Create a VPC. The region and the zone where the VPC is deployed must be the same as the region and the zone of the instance to be purchased. Otherwise, the instance cannot be accessed over the VPC.
Purchase an instance
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for HBase console. On the Clusters page, click Create HBase Cluster.
- On the buy page, configure the parameters described in the following table.
Configuration section Parameter Description Billing method Product Type Select the subscription or pay-as-you-go billing method.
- Subscription: You make a payment for resources when you purchase the instance. The price is calculated based on your subscription.
- Pay-as-you-go: You are charged based on the actual usage of the purchased service.
Basic information Service Select HBase. Service Type Select HBaseUE(Lindorm). Region The region where the instance is deployed.Note
- You cannot change the region after you purchase the instance. We recommend that you select a region that is close to the geographic location of your users. This increases the access speeds for your users.
- Make sure that the ApsaraDB for HBase instance is deployed in the same region as the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance to which you want the ApsaraDB for HBase instance to connect. If the ApsaraDB for HBase instance and the ECS instance are deployed in different regions, they cannot communicate over an internal network. In this case, they must communicate over the Internet. This reduces the performance of the ApsaraDB for HBase instance.
Zone Select a zone that resides in the specified region. Zones are isolated physical locations in a region. Each zone has an independent power supply and network. Zones within the same region are connected over private connections. When a zone fails, the other zones are not affected. Version By default, version 2.0 is used. Cluster Name The name of the instance. You can customize a name for the instance. Network parameters Network Type Only VPC is supported. vpcId Select a VPC from the drop-down list. For information about how to create a VPC, see Create a VPC. vswitchID Select a vSwitch in the specified VPC. For information about how to create a vSwitch for a VPC, see Create a vSwitch. Specifications and storage Master Node Specification By default, the instance has two master nodes to provide high availability. For information about how to specify master node specifications, see Cluster specifications. Core Node Disk Type The following four disk types are available:
- Standard SSD. This disk type is suitable for the following scenarios:
- Applications that are frequently accessed or have high I/O loads
- NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, HBase, and Cassandra databases
- Ultra Disk. This disk type is suitable for the following scenarios:
- I/O intensive applications
- Small and medium-sized relational databases
- Local HDD. This disk type is suitable for the following scenarios:
- Development and testing
- System disks
- Local SSD. This disk type is suitable for the following scenarios:
- Applications that are not frequently accessed or have low I/O loads
- Applications that require low costs and support random I/O operations
Core Node Specification For information about how to select a core node specification, see Cluster specifications. Core Nodes By default, an instance has two core nodes. You can add more core nodes after the instance is created. Single Core Node Capacity The storage capacity of each node ranges from 400 GB to 40,000 GB. Select a capacity based on your business requirements. Whether to Use Cold Storage ApsaraDB for HBase allows you to store data on separate cold storage media. Code storage is suitable for various cold data scenarios, such as data archiving and storage of less frequently accessed historical data.
- Yes: If this option is selected, specify the cold storage capacity based on your business requirements.
- No: If this option is selected, cold storage is not used.
Other settings Resource Group Resource groups allow you to group resources that belong to an Alibaba Cloud account and are deployed in different regions. This way, you can manage your resources in a centralized manner. You can select an existing resource group or create a resource group. Duration Select a duration based on your business requirements. You can enable auto-renewal.
- Click Buy Now.
- On the Confirm Order page, read and agree to the service agreement by selecting the check box, and click Pay to complete the payment.
What to do next
After the instance is purchased, refresh the page or log on to the console again. You can find the created instance on the Clusters page.