A tag is a key-value pair that consists of a tag key and a tag value. Tags are used to identify resources. You can use tags to manage cloud desktops by group for easy searching and batch operations.
|Dimension||Tag key||Tag value|
|Organization||department||The department name. Examples: MD and FD.|
|Business||project||The project name. Examples: projectA and projectB.|
|Position||position||The position name. Examples: designer and programmer.|
For more information, see Best practices for tag design.
- Each tag consists of a tag key and a tag value. The tag key must be unique. For example, if a cloud desktop is bound with the
department:MDtag and later bound with the
department:MDtag is automatically unbound.
- After a tag is unbound, the tag is automatically deleted if it is not bound to other resources.
- Tag information cannot be shared across regions.
Bind tags to cloud desktops
You can bind tags to your cloud desktops when you purchase them or after you have purchased them. This section describes how to bind tags after you have purchased cloud desktops.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, use one of the following methods to bind tags to your cloud desktops:
- Select the cloud desktop to which you want to bind tags and click Bind Tag in the lower part of the page.
- Find the cloud desktop to which you want to bind tags and move the pointer over the icon in the Tag column. In the message that appears, click Add or Edit.
- In the Edit tag dialog box, edit the tag.
You can enter a new tag key and a new tag value. You can also select an existing tag key and value.
- Click Confirm.
After you bind tags to the cloud desktop, you can view the tags in the Tag column.
Filter cloud desktops based on tags
After tags are bound to cloud desktops, you can use the tags to filter the cloud desktops and quickly find the cloud desktops that you need.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, click Tag filtering.
- Set the tag key and tag value to use to filter cloud desktops.
Note You can set only the tag key and not the tag value. In this case, all the cloud desktops bound with this tag key are displayed.
- Click Search.
The cloud desktops bound with the specified tag are displayed.