Lindorm provides an easy-to-use system for user authentication and access control list (ACL) management. You need only to configure the username and the password for user authentication. The passwords are stored in ciphertext on the server. The encrypted passwords are transferred for user authentication. Even if the ciphertext is intercepted, the encrypted data for authentication cannot be reused or forged.
Lindorm Insight allows you to manage users in an easy way. The User Manager page lists all the users of the current cluster. After you purchase a cluster, the system automatically creates an account that has all the permissions on the cluster. The username for the account is root and the password is root. You can use this account to access the cluster. You can also change the password for this account or delete this account in Lindorm Insight.
Create a user
- Log on to the Lindorm Insight system. For more information, see Log on to Lindorm Insight.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the User list page, choose .
- In the Create user dialog box, enter the username and the password, confirm the password, and then click OK.
- Passwords are stored in ciphertext on the Lindorm server. Therefore, after you create a user, you cannot view the password. You must remember your password. If you forget the password, you must change your password.
- A new user has no permissions. You must grant the required permissions to the user on the ACL Control page so that the user can access the service. For more information, see Manage ACLs.