Namespaces in Lindorm are defined as logical groups of tables. Different namespaces can store tables that have the same name. Different tenants have different namespaces. Each tenant can access and manage only authorized namespaces. This means that different users have different table sets in their namespaces. Lindorm provides a default namespace. If you do not specify a namespace, the system uses the default namespace.
You can use the Java API or Lindorm Shell to create and delete namespaces. You can also use Lindorm Insight to manage, create, and delete namespaces. This topic describes how to use the Lindorm Insight system to create, manage, and delete namespaces.
Create a namespace
- Log on to the Lindorm Insight system. For more information, see Log on to Lindorm Insight.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the namespace page, choose .
- In the Create namespace dialog box, specify the Namespace name field and click OK.
Bind a group to the namespace
If you bind a group to the namespace, the tables that are newly created in this namespace are automatically associated with the group.
- On the namespace page, find the namespace to which you want to bind the group and click Bind group.
- In the bind group dialog box, enter the group name and click OK.