After you delete image versions in the Container Registry console, the image versions still exist in an Object Storage Service (OSS) bucket. You can run an artifact cleanup task to delete the image versions from the OSS bucket to release the occupied storage space. This topic describes how to release the occupied storage space of an OSS bucket.
- You can release the storage space of OSS only for Container Registry Enterprise Edition instances. When you release the storage space of OSS for a Container Registry Enterprise Edition instance, expired image versions in all image repositories other than the chart repository are deleted from OSS.
- When an artifact cleanup task is running, you cannot push images to image repositories. However, you can still pull images from image repositories. After the artifact cleanup task is completed, you can push images to image repositories.
- Log on to the Container Registry console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- On the Instances page, click the required Container Registry Enterprise Edition instance.
- On the management page of the Container Registry Enterprise Edition instance, choose .
- On the Garbage Collection page, click Execute.
- In the Confirmation dialog box, select Confirm to clean up and click Confirm.Note On the Garbage Collection page, you can view the size of the images that you delete in real time.
On the Garbage Collection page, view the artifact cleanup task. If Completed appears in the Cleanup Status column, the cleanup is complete.