This topic provides answers to commonly asked questions about Function Compute instances.
How do I release Function Compute instances or disable services in Function Compute?
If you need to disable services in Function Compute, you can delete the services and functions in the services. When the system detects that specific functions are deleted, the system automatically reclaims all instances that are running. We recommend that you proceed with caution. For more information about how to delete services and functions, see Delete a service and Delete a function.
Can I switch between a performance instance and a flexible instance?
Function Compute allows you to switch only from a flexible instance to a performance instance. After you change the instance type, some configurations are not equivalent. Therefore, if you switch from a performance instance to a flexible instance, a function error occurs.
When does a purchased GB subscription take effect?
A GB subscription takes effect 1 to 15 minutes after payment is successful. The lifecycle of the GB subscription begins only when the GB subscription takes effect.
After I purchase a GB subscription, how can I determine whether it has taken effect?
After you purchase a GB subscription, log on to the Function Compute console and go to the Resource Center page. In the Purchased Resources section, you can view your resources. The instances in this list have already taken effect. You can contact us to determine whether your GB subscription has taken effect. If the system cannot activate your GB subscription within 4 hours, you will receive a full refund. You can then purchase the GB subscription again.
When does a monthly or yearly GB subscription expire?
- Monthly subscription: The lifecycle of the subscription is calculated in months. If
you purchase a one-month subscription, your resources will expire the next month at
00:00:00 on the day following the day of the month on which you purchased the subscription.
- Example 1: A new one-month subscription is purchased at 15:00:00 on August 14, 2020. In this case, the subscription expires at 00:00:00 on September 15, 2020. The lifecycle of the subscription is 31 days and 9 hours.
- Example 2: A new two-month subscription is purchased at 15:00:00 on August 14, 2020. In this case, the subscription expires at 00:00:00 on October 15, 2020. The lifecycle of the subscription is 61 days and 9 hours.
- Example 3: New one-month subscriptions are purchased at 15:00:00 on January 29, 30, and 31, 2020. In this case, all of these subscriptions expire at 00:00:00 on March 1, 2020.
- Yearly subscription: If you purchase a one-year subscription, your resources will
expire the next year at 00:00:00 on the day after the day on which you purchased the
- Example 1: A new one-year subscription is purchased at 15:00:00 on August 14, 2020. In this case, the subscription expires at 00:00:00 on August 15, 2021. The lifecycle of the subscription is 366 days and 9 hours.
Can I renew my GB subscription after it expires?
You can manually renew a GB subscription within seven days after expiration. After seven days have passed, you cannot renew the GB subscription. We recommend that you renew your GB subscription before it expires.
Can a GB subscription be used across different regions?
No, a GB subscription cannot be used across different regions.
Can GB subscriptions be used together?
Yes, GB subscriptions can be used together.
Can I receive a refund for a GB subscription that I have already started to use?
Function Compute subscriptions and renewals in use cannot be refunded. The five-day return guarantee does not apply to Function Compute subscriptions in use. For assistance, submit a ticket.
We recommend that you proceed with caution when you purchase GB subscriptions.