- Auto scaling is supported, which allows you to change the specifications, number,
disk type, and disk space of nodes.
- Resources may be insufficient during peak hours and may be wasted during off-peak
- You can access a cluster over an internal network free of charge by using an Elastic
Compute Service (ECS) instance that resides in the same region as the cluster.
- You can access a cluster over the Internet free of charge by using an ECS instance
that resides in a different region from the cluster. Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch provides
the Public Network Access feature, which is enabled by default. The maximum network
bandwidth for access to a cluster over the Internet is 4 GB/s.
- You can access a cluster over an internal network free of charge by using an ECS instance
that resides in the same region as the cluster.
- You can access a cluster over the Internet by using an ECS instance that resides in
a different region from the cluster. However, you are charged for the access. For
more information about the billing standards of the access, see Public bandwidth.
|Labor and time costs
- Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK) are fully managed services.
They are out-of-the-box and support the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- A visual interface is provided for cluster O&M. This reduces O&M costs.
- You must purchase a machine and manually deploy a cluster. This process requires a
long period of time, and the iteration of the cluster is slow.
- A professional Elasticsearch engineer team is required to manage resources and perform
cluster O&M. This results in high labor costs.
|Costs for risk reduction
||Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch guarantees 99.9% reliability and features few IT risks,
and upper-level business risks are controllable.
||Service reliability is not guaranteed. In this case, technical expertise and a large
number of investments are required to reduce business risks.
- All the advanced features of the commercial plug-in X-Pack are provided free of charge.
- The OSS-based data backup feature is provided free of charge.
- You must pay USD 5,000 for the X-Pack plug-in.
- You must manually back up data, and you are charged for the storage used by backups.