This topic describes how to add tags. You can use tags to classify Application Load Balancer (ALB) instances by purpose or owner. You can add one or more tags to an ALB instance. The keys of tags that are added to an ALB instance must be unique. If you add a tag that uses the same key as an existing tag to an ALB instance, the new tag overwrites the existing tag.
- You can add up to 20 tags to each instance.
- The keys of tags that are added to an instance must be unique. If you add a new tag that uses the same tag key as an existing tag, the new tag overwrites the existing tag.
- Log on to the Server Load Balancer console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Find the ALB instance that you want to manage, click the icon in the Tag column, and then click Add.
- In the Edit Tag dialog box, select or enter a key and a value, and click OK.