You cannot modify image components. If an exception occurs on a created image component, you can delete the component and create a new one. You can also delete the image components that are no longer needed. This topic describes how to create an image component in the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) console.
- Only custom image components can be deleted.
- After an image component is deleted, the image templates that have used the component are not affected.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Image Builder Management page, click the Image Components tab.
- Find the image component that you want to delete. Click Delete in the Actions column.
- Verify the name and ID of the image component that you want to delete. Then, click OK.