Alibaba Cloud Prometheus Service allows you to install and configure NGINX exporters, and provides out-of-the-box dashboards. This topic describes how to install and configure NGINX exporters of the earlier version.
- The nginx-module-vts module is installed for the NGINX exporters of the earlier version.
- The following table lists the metrics of NGINX exporters of the earlier version.
Metric Type Description nginx_server_requests Server The number of server requests. nginx_server_bytes Server The number of bytes processed by the server. nginx_server_cache Server The cache of the server. nginx_filter_requests Filter The number of filter requests. nginx_filter_bytes Filter The number of bytes processed by the filter. nginx__filter_responseMsec Filter The response time of the filter. nginx_upstream_requests Upstreams The number of upstream requests. nginx_upstream_bytes Upstreams The number of upstream bytes. nginx_upstream_responseMsec Upstreams The upstream response time.
- Log on to the ARMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Prometheus Monitoring.
- In the upper-left corner, select the target region and click the name of the target Kubernetes cluster.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Exporter access .
Add an NGINX exporter
- On the Exporter access page, click add Exporter in the upper-right corner.
- In the search box in the upper-right corner of the Exporter list dialog box, enter an Exporter name and click the target Exporter icon.
- In the Nginx Exporter configuration dialog box, set the required parameters on the Configuration tab, and then click OK.
Parameter Description Exporter name The name of the exporter. The name must meet the following requirements:
- It can contain only lowercase letters, digits, and hyphens (-), and cannot start or end with a hyphen (-).
- It must be unique.
NginxAddress The URL that is used to access the NGINX server. NginxPort The port number of the NGINX server, for example, 80.Notice You must first install nginx-module-vts. This NGINX virtual host traffic status module can output data in the JSON format.
- On the Exporters page, click the DASHBOARD link in the dashboard column to view the Prometheus dashboard.
- Optional: On the Exporters page, you can perform the following operations on the added Exporter:
- Click Delete in the Actions column to delete the Exporter.
- Click Log in the Actions column to view the operational logs of the Exporter.
- Click Details in the Actions column to view the Exporter details, including the environment variables and description of the Exporter.