If you create a project by using your Alibaba Cloud account and require RAM users for data development, you can add the RAM users as project members and configure roles for these users. This topic describes how to add a RAM user as a project member and configure roles for this user.
- Go to the Workspace Management page of the workspace to which you want to add members.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- On the Workspaces page, find the workspace to which you want to add members and click Workspace Settings in the Actions column.
- In the Workspace Settings pane, click More. The Workspace Management page appears.You can also click Data Analytics in the Actions column of the workspace on the Workspaces page. On the DataStudio page, click the icon in the upper-right corner to go to the Workspace Management page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click User Management.
- On the User Management page, click Add Member in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add Member dialog box, click Refresh. All the created RAM users under your Alibaba Cloud account appear in the Account to be added section.
- In the Account to be added section, select the user that you want to add as a project member, and click the rightwards arrow to add the selected user to the Added account section.
- Select the roles that you want to assign to the added member and click Confirm.
- After you add a project member, you can view or modify information about existing
members and their roles on the Member management page. On this page, you can also delete RAM users who do not assume the Project Owner
role. Roles include Project Owner, Workspace Manager, Development, O&M, Deploy, Visitor, and Safety Manager. By default, the creator of the project assumes the Workspace Manager role. For more information about permissions of each role, see Permission list.
Role Description Project Owner This role has all permissions on the project. Workspace Manager This role has all permissions of the Development and O&M roles. This role can also manage the workspace. For example, a workspace manager can add members to or remove members from the workspace, assign roles to members, and create custom resource groups. Development This role designs and maintains nodes on the DataStudio page. O&M This role performs O&M operations on all nodes in a workspace in Operation Center. Deploy This role reviews the code of each node and determines whether to submit the nodes to Operation Center for a workspace in standard mode. Visitor This role can only view workflows and code on the DataStudio page. Safety Manager This role can only perform operations in Data Security Guard. For more information, see Data Security Guard.
What to do next
- After you add a RAM user as a project member, log on to the DataWorks console by using the RAM user. After logon, update the AccessKey pair in the DTplus console as the RAM user. For more information, see Update personal information.
- Install the MaxCompute client before you use the RAM user to develop data. For more information, see Install and configure the MaxCompute client.