Enhanced NAT gateways are upgraded from the technical architecture of standard NAT gateways. Compared with standard NAT gateways, enhanced NAT gateways offer higher elasticity and stability. This improves how you can manage data transfer. You can immediately upgrade standard NAT gateways to enhanced NAT gateways free of charge in the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) console. The time period for free upgrades is extended from December 31, 2020 to March 30, 2021.
|Whether NAT service plans are associated||How to upgrade|
|No NAT service plan is associated||
|One or more NAT service plans are associated||
Scheduled upgrade: Set the related parameters for the standard NAT gateway that you want to upgrade and click OK. You can select more than one standard NAT gateway if you use this method. A scheduled upgrade task is generated, and the standard NAT gateway is upgraded in the background at the specified time.
Immediately upgrade a standard NAT gateway to an enhanced NAT gateway
- Log on to the NAT Gateway console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the standard NAT gateway is deployed.
- On the NAT Gateway page, click Upgrade Now.If this is not the first time you upgrade standard NAT gateways, click Continue to Upgrade.
- In the Upgrade to Enhanced NAT Gateway dialog box, select I have read and understand the preceding information. I want to perform the upgrade
operation. Then, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description NAT Gateway Select the standard NAT gateway that you want to upgrade. Select a VSwitch for the enhanced NAT gateway Select a zone and a vSwitch for the enhanced NAT gateway.Note You must specify a vSwitch for the enhanced NAT gateway. After you specify a vSwitch, the system automatically selects an IP address from the CIDR block of the vSwitch to transmit data. Make sure that the CIDR block of the vSwitch has sufficient idle IP addresses.
- After you submit the application, click Back.
- You can check the progress of the upgrade on the NAT Gateway page. Find the NAT gateway and click View Progress in the Status column.It requires approximately 5 minutes to upgrade a standard NAT gateway to an enhanced NAT gateway. During the upgrade process, the NAT gateway may be disconnected for 1 to 2 seconds. The service resumes after your workloads are reconnected.