To release the resources of an idle distributed instance, you can release or remove all child instances in the distributed instance. This helps you save resources.
You cannot directly release a distributed instance. You can release a distributed instance only by releasing or removing all child instances in the distributed instance.
Difference between release and removal
|Operation||Supported billing method||Description|
|Remove a child instance||Subscription||The child instance is removed from the distributed instance and becomes a regular ApsaraDB for Redis instance. All its data is retained. You can find the removed child instance in the instance list of the corresponding region.|
|Release a child instance||
|The child instance is removed from the distributed instance and is released.
Warning If you release a child instance, the child instance and its data are deleted. Proceed with caution. We recommend that you create a backup for the child instance and download the backup set before you release the child instance. For more information, see Manually back up an instance and download backup sets.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Global Distributed Cache.
- Find the distributed instance that you want to manage and click the icon before the instance ID.
- In the child instance list, click Remove in the Actions column of a child instance.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the operation to perform based on the billing method of the child instance.
For more information, see Difference between release and removal.
- Repeat Step 4 and Step 5 until all child instances in the distributed instance are removed or released. The distributed instance is automatically released.
For child instances that have been removed, you can release them if they are no longer needed. For more information, see Release instances.