An error similar to the following is reported when you execute SQL statements on an apsaradb RDS for MySQL instance or a user-created MySQL database (a user-created database hosted on an ECS instance or a user-created database in an on-premises data center in the DMS console.
Incorrect string value
SQL statements that are generally copied and may have hidden characters, you can use a third-party SQL formatting tool to make sure that no hidden characters exist in the copied SQL statements. Then, select the following steps based on the on-site conditions:
- Change data
If the preceding error is reported when you execute a data change statement, check whether the involved data change statement is abnormal.
- Query access frequency statistics
- Log on to the DMS console.
- top nav bar, select the SQLConsole > single library query and select the operation of the database, and then click confirm.
- in the navigation pane on the left locate the row that contains the target database click, right-click the destination table in the displayed list, select table details.
- Check whether the data character set and the table character set are compatible during data query.
- enter the SQLConsole page, select display settings and select the same character set as the table.
- Data Management (DMS)
- Apsaradb RDS for MySQL
note: the issues in this article also apply to user-created MySQL databases, which are user-created databases on ECS instances and user-created databases in on-premises data centers.