When you purchase an elasticity assurance, you must specify attributes such as instance type, zone, reserved quantity, and duration. After the elasticity assurance is purchased, you have guaranteed access to the resources in the private pool associated with the elasticity assurance to create pay-as-you-go instances.
When you purchase an elasticity assurance, you must specify an instance type and a zone. After the elasticity assurance is purchased, it guarantees the provision of resources only of the specified instance type within the specified zone.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the upper part of the Resource Assurance page, click the Elasticity Assurance tab.
- Click Purchase Elasticity Assurance.
- Configure the parameters of the elasticity assurance in the Query Solutions step.The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Region and Zone Specify the region and zone in which to reserve resources. In the Recommended Solution section, other zones may be recommended based on resource availability. Ultimately, the zones in the solution that you select prevail. Instance Type Specify the instance type for which to reserve resources. In the Recommended Solution section, other alternative instance types may be recommended based on resource availability. Ultimately, the instance types in the solution that you select prevail. Reserved Quantity Specify the number of instances for which to reserve resources. Billing Method After an elasticity assurance is purchased, you can use the reserved capacity in the private pool associated with the elasticity assurance to create only pay-as-you-go instances. Effective At Specify the time at which the elasticity assurance takes effect. The end time of the validity period cannot be specified but is automatically changed with the specified Duration value. Duration You can select a duration of one month up to five years. For the durations available for selection, see the elasticity assurance buy page. Private Pool Type Select a private pool type. Valid values:
- Open: When you create pay-as-you-go instances, the capacity in open private pools is used as long as the instances match the attributes of the reserved resources.
- Targeted: If you want to use the capacity in a targeted private pool to create pay-as-you-go instances, you must specify the pool ID.
We recommend that you prepare a number of open and targeted private pools based on your business types. For example, you can prepare targeted private pools dedicated to key business. For more information, see Private Pool.
Private Pool Name The name must be 2 to 128 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, colons (:), underscores (_), periods (.), and hyphens (-). It must start with a letter and cannot start with http:// or https://. Description Enter a private pool description that makes the private pool easy to identify. The description must be 2 to 256 characters in length and cannot start with http:// or https://.
- Select a solution in the Recommended Solution section.The recommended solutions may deliver optimal performance, be backed by the most sufficient supply of resources, or provide multi-zone redundancy. You can select the solution that best suits your needs.Note If no recommended solutions are available or if the recommended solutions do not meet your requirements, you can submit a ticket.
- Click Next: Confirm Information.Each elasticity assurance is applicable only to a specific instance type and a specific zone. If the solution that you select involves multiple instance types or zones, the solution is automatically split into multiple elasticity assurances. You can select one or more elasticity assurances in the Confirm Information step.
- Select the elasticity assurances that you want to purchase. Then, read and select
Notes. Verify that all configurations are correct, click Purchase, and then make payment as instructed.You can view the elasticity assurances that you purchased on the Elasticity Assurance tab. If Active is displayed in the Status column corresponding to an elasticity assurance, the elasticity assurance is created. You can then use the capacity in the private pool associated with the elasticity assurance to create pay-as-you-go instances. For more information, see Use a private pool.