DMS provides the feature to generate test data at a time, including random values, region names, and virtual IP addresses. This way, you do not need to manually generate test data.
The following procedure describes how to generate one million records of test data
- Log on tothe DMS console as a common user.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click the
POC_devinstance and double-click the
poc_devdatabase to go to the SQL poc_dev tab.
- On the SQL poc_dev tab, right-click the
big_tabletable and choose .
- In the Test data build-big_table dialog box, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Task Name Required. The name of the task. The name must identify the ticket so that approvers can find the ticket and know what to do with the ticket. Configure the algorithm Required. The algorithms that you want to use to generate test data. You can select an algorithm for each column. For more information, see Test data generation. Number of rows generated Required. The number of rows of test data that you want to generate. In this example, one million rows of test data are generated. Conflict Handling Required. The mode of how to handle data conflicts. Select Skip when encountering data conflicts. DMS provides the following modes:
- Skip when encountering data conflicts: If a primary key conflict or unique key conflict occurs, DMS skips the conflict data record and continues to generate other data records.
- Replace when encountering data conflict: If a primary key conflict or unique key conflict occurs, DMS updates the conflict data record and continues to generate other data records.
- Click Submit and wait until the approval is completed.
- After the ticket is approved, view the execution progress on the Ticket Details page. DMS automatically generates and executes SQL statements.
- After the test data is generated, view the generated test data in the