Valued Alibaba Cloud users:
Starting January 1, 2021, you must follow the limits brought about by Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance families when you create custom route tables for virtual private clouds (VPCs). The limits are:
- After you create a custom route table for a VPC, you cannot create ECS instances that belong to the following instance families in the VPC. In addition, you cannot migrate ECS instances that belong to the following instance families from other VPCs to this VPC. If you need to create ECS instances that belong to the instance families described in the following table, you must first delete the custom route tables of the VPC. For more information, see Delete a custom route table.
- If a VPC contains one or more ECS instances that belong to the instance families described
in the following table, you cannot create custom route tables for the VPC. To create
custom route tables for the VPC, you must upgrade or release the ECS instances that
belong to the following instance families.
- For more information about how to upgrade an ECS instance, see Upgrade the instance types of subscription instances and Change the instance type of a pay-as-you-go instance.
- For more information about how to release an ECS instance, see Release an instance.
- The preceding limits are expected to be effective starting January 1, 2021. However, the date may vary in different regions.
- If your Alibaba Cloud account is created before January 1, 2021 and you have created VPCs that use custom route tables under the account, the preceding limits are not applied.
The following table describes the ECS instance families that do not support custom route tables.
|Instance type||Instance family|
|General purpose instance||sn2 (phased-out)|
|Compute optimized instance||sn1 (phased-out)|
|Memory optimized instance||se1|
|Big data instance family||d1|
|Instance with a local SSD||i1|
|Instance family with high clock speed||
|Compute optimized instance with GPU capabilities||
|GPU-accelerated instance||ga1 (phased-out)|
|Generation I instance type||