This topic describes how to manually add route entries to an Enterprise edition transit router. You can manually add a static route or a black hole route to a specified route table. This facilitates network management.
- Log on to the CEN console.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the CEN instance that you want to manage.
- On the Transit Router tab, find the transit router instance and click the instance ID.
- On the instance details page, click Route Table.
- In the left-side area, click the route table ID. On the details page, click Add Route Entry.
- In the Add Route Entry dialog box, set the following parameters:
Parameter Description Route Table By default, the current route table is selected. Transit Router ID By default, the current transit router is selected. Name Enter a name for the route entry.
The name must be 2 to 128 characters in length, and can contain digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). It must start with a letter.
Destination CIDR Block Enter the destination CIDR block. For example, 192.168.1.0/24. Blackhole Route
- Yes: indicates that the route is a black hole route. All traffic forwarded by this route is dropped.
- No: indicates that the route is not a black hole route. You must specify the next hop of the route.
Next Hop Specify the next hop.Note You cannot specify a Cloud Connect Network (CCN) instance or a network instance whose state is not Attached as the next hop. Description Enter a description for the route entry.
The description must be 2 to 128 characters in length, and can contain digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). It must start with a letter.
- Click OK.