Address pools are used by Global Traffic Manager (GTM) to manage the addresses of application services. An address pool consists of a group of IP addresses or domain names that have the same Internet service provider (ISP) or reside in the same region. These IP addresses or domain names provide the same application service.
1 . Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
2 . In the left-side navigation pane, click Global Traffic Manager. On the Global Traffic Manager page, find the required instance, and click Configure in the Actions column of the instance.
3 . Click the Address Pool Configurations tab and click Create Address Pool.
Set the required parameters.
1. Address Pool Name: specifies a custom address pool name, for example, testPool, as shown in the preceding figure.
2. Address Pool Type: If you use a geographical location-based access policy, you can set this parameter to IPv4, IPv6, or Domain. In this example, IPv4 is selected, as shown in the preceding figure.
3: Load Balancing Policy (Address): specifies a load balancing policy for the specified address. Valid values: Return all addresses and Return address by weight. In this example, Return all addresses is selected, as shown in the preceding figure.
4. Addresses: includes the details of addresses. These details include the region, mode, and remarks.
5. Address: specifies an IP address or domain name.
Region: After you enter an IPv4 or IPv6 address, GTM queries destination regions and group the IP address into the required region.
6. Rectify: You can change the region to the nearest location based on the following scenarios:
If you enter a domain name, you need to rectify.
If the system fails to identify the specified IP address, you need to rectify.
If you want to specify a custom region for an IP address, you need to rectify. For example, if the 126.96.36.199 IP address is grouped into the Australia region, you can change the region to ChinaUnicomBeijing.
GTM does not support some regions outside mainland China. If an IP address is translated into one of the unsupported regions, you need to change the region to the nearest supported region.
7. Mode: This parameter includes the following valid values: Smart Return, Always Online, and Always Offline.
8. New Row: to add an address.
Batch add: to add multiple addresses.