You can save the specific configurations of commonly used desktops as desktop templates. Desktop templates allow you to create cloud desktops with identical configurations in a quick manner.
- Desktop type: vCPUs, memory, and whether GPUs are included.
- Disk: the sizes of the system and data disks.
- Image: the operating system and related configuration data.
Desktop templates are classified into system templates and custom templates. System templates are provided by Alibaba Cloud. This topic describes how to create a custom template.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Desktop Templates.
- On the Desktop Templates page, click Create Desktop Template.
- In the Create Desktop Template panel, perform the following operations:
- Specify the Desktop Template Name and Description parameters.
- Select a desktop type.
- Set System Disk Size and Data Disk Size.
Note Available disk sizes vary with desktop types. For example, if you select the Graphics type (including a GPU), System Disk Size and Data Disk Size can each be set only to 150 GiB. For more information, see Cloud desktop types.
- Select a system or custom image.
The operating system of the cloud desktop is determined by the image used. The operating system can be Windows or Linux. For more information, see Create an image.
- Click Create.