In the Elastic Desktop Service (EDS) console, you can release pay-as-you-go cloud desktops that are no longer needed.
- Data is backed up.
Notice Cloud desktops cannot be recovered after they are released. We recommend that you back up your data before you release cloud desktops. Exercise caution when you release cloud desktops.
- The cloud desktops to be released are in the Running, Stopped, Expired, or Creation Failed state.
The following section describes the release policies that apply to cloud desktops that use different billing methods:
- Pay-as-you-go cloud desktops can be released at any time. After a cloud desktop is released, you are no longer charged for its associated resources.
- Subscription cloud desktops cannot be manually released. If you do not renew an expired subscription cloud desktop within the specified period, the system releases it.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, use one of the following methods to release cloud desktops:
- Find the cloud desktop that you want to release and click Release in the Actions column.
- Select one or more cloud desktops that you want to release and click Release in the lower part of the page.