If a policy that is associated with a cloud desktop is not applicable, you can change the policy to another one. You can also modify the configurations of the existing policy. This topic describes how to change the policy associated with a cloud desktop.
A policy is a set of security rules used to control security configurations when regular users use cloud desktops. A policy contains a basic policy (USB redirection and watermarking) and one or more network control rules (inbound and outbound throttling rules). For more information, see
If a policy that is associated with a cloud desktop is not applicable, you can also modify the configurations of the policy. For more information, see
Modify a policy
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, find the cloud desktop for which you want to change the policy, click the icon in the Actions column, and then click Change Policy.
- In the Change Policy panel, select a policy and click Modify.
After you change the policy associated with a cloud desktop, the configuration about whether to support user preemption and the network control rules in the new policy immediately takes effect. Other configurations take effect the next time you log on to the cloud desktop.