If a policy that is associated with a cloud desktop is not applicable, you can change
the policy to another one. You can also modify the configurations of the existing
policy. This topic describes how to change the policy associated with a cloud desktop.
A policy is a set of security rules used to control security configurations when regular
users use cloud desktops. A policy contains a basic policy (USB redirection and watermarking)
and one or more network control rules (inbound and outbound throttling rules). For
more information, see Policy overview
If a policy that is associated with a cloud desktop is not applicable, you can also
modify the configurations of the policy. For more information, see Modify a policy
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, find the cloud desktop for which you want to change the policy, click the icon in the Actions column, and then click Change Policy.
- In the Change Policy panel, select a policy and click Modify.
After you change the policy associated with a cloud desktop, the configuration about
whether to support user preemption and the network control rules in the new policy
immediately takes effect. Other configurations take effect the next time you log on
to the cloud desktop.