This topic describes how overdue payments and refunds are handled for Elastic Desktop Service (EDS).
If the total value of your account balance and vouchers within your Alibaba Cloud account is less than the payable amount on the bill, your bill becomes overdue. If you have an overdue payment in your account, pay-as-you-go resources become unavailable and billing is suspended. When a bill in your account becomes overdue, take the following actions based on the billing methods that cloud desktops use:
- Subscription: The fee has already been paid. Resources can be used regardless of whether you have an overdue payment in your account.
- Pay-as-you-go: Resources cannot be used when you have an overdue payment in your account. If you do not complete the payment within seven days, the resources are automatically released.
Complete your payment in a timely manner to avoid impacts on your business due to stopped or released resources. Take note of the following items:
- When an AD connector is unavailable due to overdue payments, all the cloud desktops in the corresponding workspace are unavailable.
- Cloud desktops cannot be restored after they are released.
EDS supports refunds in the following scenarios:
- When you purchase subscription resources, you are charged for resource use during the subscription period. If the resources that you no longer need do not expire, they cannot be manually released. You must submit a ticket to apply for a refund.
- Pay-as-you-go resources are billed only after they are used and cannot be refunded.
You can release pay-as-you-go resources that are no longer needed. After the resources
are released, you are no longer charged for them. For more information, see Release a cloud desktop.
Notice Cloud desktops cannot be restored after they are released. When an AD connector is unavailable, all the cloud desktops in the corresponding workspace are unavailable.