ApsaraVideo VOD supports mainstream digital rights management (DRM) encryption technologies
in the industry. You can add and manage DRM certificates and enable DRM encryption
in the ApsaraVideo VOD console to protect the security of your copyrighted video content.
|DRM encryption technology
||Chrome, Firefox 47 and later, Microsoft Edge, and Opera
You can enable DRM encryption only in the ApsaraVideo VOD console. For more information,
see DRM encryption
- DRM encryption: ApsaraVideo VOD supports Widevine and FairPlay DRM encryption.
- Certificate management: You can add and manage FairPlay Streaming certificates in
the ApsaraVideo VOD console.
- DRM-based playback: You can use ApsaraVideo Player to decrypt and play DRM-encrypted
- Comprehensive features: ApsaraVideo VOD allows you to manage DRM certificates, issue
DRM licenses, encrypt videos based on DRM, and decrypt and play DRM-encrypted videos.
You can use the features without the need to understand the architecture and implementation
- Cost efficiency: ApsaraVideo VOD generates only one output file that supports Widevine
and FairPlay DRM encryption in each transcoding task. This reduces the transcoding
and storage costs. Your use of DRM encryption is charged in the pay-as-you-go billing
method without minimum fees.
- High security, stability, and concurrency: ApsaraVideo VOD ensures secure storage
of your copyrighted video content by using refined permission management and system
security settings. In addition, the distributed service architecture meets high-concurrency
requirements of your business.
DRM encryption is implemented based on transcoding. The fee for using DRM encryption
is included in the transcoding fee. You are charged an extra fee each time when a
device requests a license to play a DRM-encrypted video. The following table describes
the billing rule.
||USD 0.0012 per request
|Singapore, Japan (Tokyo), Germany (Frankfurt), India (Mumbai), and Indonesia (Jakarta)
||USD 0.0015 per request