You can use an elastic IP address (EIP) to expose the API server for a cluster of Container Service for Kubernetes (ASK). After you perform this operation, you can access the API server of the ASK cluster over the Internet. You can bind an EIP to the Kubernetes API server during or after the cluster creation. This topic describes how to bind an EIP to an API server in the preceding ways.
Bind an EIP to the Kubernetes API server when you create an ASK cluster
When you create an ASK cluster, select Expose API Server with EIP. For information about how to create an ASK cluster, see Create a managed Kubernetes cluster.
Bind an EIP to the Kubernetes API server after an ASK cluster is created
If you do not select Expose API Server with EIP when you create an ASK cluster, you can perform the following steps to bind an EIP to the Kubernetes API server of the cluster:
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the ACK console, click Clusters.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the ACK console, choose .
- On the Clusters page, find the cluster that you want to manage and click the name of the cluster or click Details in the Actions column. The details page of the cluster appears.
- On the Clusters page, find the cluster to which you want to bind an EIP and click Manage in the Actions column.
- On the details page, click the Basic Information tab. In the Cluster Information section, click Bind EIP.
What to do next
After an EIP is bound to the Kubernetes API server, you can change or unbind the EIP.