If the specifications of your Standard Edition instance cannot meet your business requirements, you can upgrade the instance from the Standard Edition to the Enterprise Platinum Edition in the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console. This way, you can use the exclusive services provided by the Enterprise Platinum Edition. After the upgrade, the billing method of the instance changes from pay-as-you-go to subscription. This topic describes the background information, prerequisites, usage notes, and procedure of upgrading an instance from the Standard Edition to the Enterprise Platinum Edition.
- Standard Edition instances are billed on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Enterprise Platinum Edition instances are billed on a subscription basis.
Enterprise Platinum Edition instances provide more exclusive services than Standard Edition instances. For more information about differences between these two editions in specifications, see Instance editions.
PrerequisitesThe Standard Edition instance to be upgraded is in the Running state.
- When you upgrade an instance from the Standard Edition to the Enterprise Platinum Edition, the ID and endpoints of the instance are not changed. Therefore, the upgrade does not affect the running of the instance.
- After you upgrade an instance from the Standard Edition to the Enterprise Platinum Edition, you cannot roll back the instance to the Standard Edition. Proceed with caution.
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region, such as China (Hangzhou).
- On the Instances page, find the Standard Edition instance that you want to upgrade, click More in the Actions column, and then select Upgrade to Enterprise Edition.
- In the panel that appears, select the instance specifications to which you want to upgrade and click Buy Now.
- In the panel that appears, confirm the order information and click Purchase.
After the upgrade is complete, the instance type becomes Enterprise Platinum Edition on the Instances page.