If the specifications of your Standard Edition instance cannot meet your business requirements, you can upgrade the instance to Enterprise Platinum Edition in the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console. This way, you can use the features that are provided by Enterprise Platinum Edition. After the upgrade, the billing method of the instance changes from pay-as-you-go to subscription. This topic describes the background information, prerequisites, considerations, and procedure of upgrading an instance from Standard Edition to Enterprise Platinum Edition.
- Standard Edition instances are billed based on the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- Enterprise Platinum Edition instances are billed based on the subscription billing method.
Enterprise Platinum Edition instances provide more features than Standard Edition instances. For more information about the differences between these two editions in specifications, see Instance editions.
PrerequisitesThe Standard Edition instance that you want to upgrade is in the Running state.
- When you upgrade an instance from Standard Edition to Enterprise Platinum Edition, the ID and endpoints of the instance are not changed. This way, the operation of the instance is not affected.
- After you upgrade an instance from Standard Edition to Enterprise Platinum Edition, you cannot manually downgrade the instance to Standard Edition. If you set Post-release Action to Change to Standard Edition After Release for the Enterprise Platinum Edition instance, the instance is downgraded to Standard Edition after the instance expires and is billed based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. For more information, see Configure the post-release action for an instance.
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region, such as China (Hangzhou).
- On the Instances page, find the Standard Edition instance that you want to upgrade, click More in the Actions column, and then select Upgrade to Enterprise Edition.
- On the page that appears, select the specifications for the instance to which you want to upgrade. Click Buy Now.
- On the page that appears, confirm the order information and click Subscribe.
After the upgrade is complete, the type of the instance changes to Enterprise Platinum Edition on the Instances page.