You can migrate an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance from a dedicated host to a shared host. This allows you to flexibly deploy your business.
- The ECS instance is stopped. For more information, see Stop an instance.
Notice Your business is interrupted if you stop the instance. Proceed with caution.
- The billing method is pay-as-you-go. To migrate subscription instances, you must first convert them to pay-as-you-go instances. For more information, see Change the billing method of an instance from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- The dedicated host is not a local SSD host.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the Modify Host Deployment dialog box, set the required parameters.
Parameter Description Destination DDH Select Shared Host. Target Instance Type Enter an instance type, for example, ecs.g6.large. For more information, see Instance families.The destination instance type must meet the following requirements. This ensures the success of the migration.
- The source instance type can be changed to the destination instance type. For more information, see Instance families that support instance type changes.
- The destination instance type is available in the zone where the dedicated host resides.
- Click OK.After the migration is complete, the ECS instance automatically starts and enters the Running state.