You can migrate an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances from a dedicated host to a shared host to a dedicated host. This allows you to flexibly deploy your business.
- Only pay-as-you-go instances can be migrated. To migrate subscription instances, you must convert them to pay-as-you-go instances. For more information, see Change the billing method of instances from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- Instances of the local SSD type cannot be migrated.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the dedicated host. In the Actions column, click Details.
- Find the ECS instance to be migrated in the pane that appears. In the Actions column, click Modify DDH Deployment.
- Set the following parameters.
Parameter Description Destination DDH Select Shared Host. Target instance type Enter an instance type, such as ecs.g6.large. For more information about the features and metrics of each instance type, see Instance families.The following conditions must be met to ensure the success of the migration:
- The source instance type can be changed to the destination instance type. For more information, see Change instance types of instances.
- The destination instance type is available in the zone where the dedicated host resides.
- Click OK.After the migration is complete, the ECS instance is automatically started. The instance is in the Running state after being started.
- You can view the host on which the ECS instance runs on the Instances page.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click .
- Select Dedicated Host, and then click OK.
- Find the ECS instance, and view the host in the Dedicated Host column.The value - indicates that the ECS instance runs on a shared host.