Database Backup (DBS) provides the full backup feature for files in Windows and Linux. This feature is secure, stable, and reliable.
A backup gateway is installed on the device where the source instance is deployed. The gateway version is V0.0.88 or later. For more information, see Add a backup gateway.
|Remote backup||DBS can back up a file to a cloud database in a different region. DBS allows you to restore the backup data to the source or a different device.|
|Multilevel backup||DBS can back up files and folders.|
|Compressed storage||DBS supports the LZ4 compression algorithm to reduce the storage costs.|
Create a backup schedule
For more information, see Purchase a backup schedule.
Configure a backup schedule
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Schedules.
- On the Backup Schedules page, click Configure Backup Schedule in the Actions column corresponding to the backup schedule that you purchased.
- In the Configure Backup Source and Destination step of the Configure Backup Schedule wizard, configure the backup source and destination.
Section Parameter Description N/A Schedule Name The name of the backup schedule. DBS generates a backup schedule name. We recommend that you set a descriptive name that makes the backup schedule easy to identify. Backup schedule names do not have to be unique. Backup Source Information Backup Mode The method that is used to back up data. Default value: Physical Backup. Instance Region The region where the instance that you want to back up is deployed. Backup Gateway The backup gateway that is installed on the server where the database you want to back up resides. For more information about how to install a backup gateway, see Add a backup gateway. Database Type The type of the database that you want to back up. Default value: File. Backup Destination Information Backup Storage Type The type of storage that is used to back up data. Default value: DBS built-in storage (recommended). Storage Encryption The method used to encrypt the stored data. Valid values:
- In the lower-right corner of the page, click Next.
- In the Edit Backup Objects step, enter the path of the file to be backed up in the Source file directory object field, and click Next.
- In the Configure Backup Time step, set the parameters as described in the following table and click Next.
Parameter Description Full-scale Backup Frequency The frequency of the backup schedule. Valid values: Periodic Backup and Single Backup.Note If you select Periodic Backup, you must set the Full Data Backup Recurrence and Full Data Backup Start At parameters. Full Data Backup Recurrence The days of the week on which DBS runs the backup schedule. Full Data Backup Start At The start time of the backup.Note If the time required to complete a full data backup is longer than the backup interval, DBS skips the next backup. Real-Time Transaction Log Backup Specifies whether to enable incremental backup. Default value: Disable. This parameter cannot be modified. Enable compression Specifies whether to enable file compression. The default compression algorithm is LZ4.Note After you enable file compression, DBS compresses the backup file to reduce storage costs.
- In the Edit Lifecycle step, configure the lifecycle for a full data backup in the Configure Full Data Backup Lifecycle section.
- After the configuration is complete, click Precheck in the lower-right corner of the page.
- If the Precheck Passed message appears, click Start Task.
After data is backed up, you can view the backup schedule or restore the backup data. For more information, see View backup schedules.