This topic describes how to add a data source of the ApsaraDB PolarDB PostgreSQL-compatible edition.
- A database of the ApsaraDB PolarDB PostgreSQL-compatible edition is created.
- The username and password that are used to log on to the database are obtained.
- The AccessKey ID and AccessKey secret that are used for authentication are obtained.
- Choose .
- In the upper-right corner of the Data Sources page, click Create Data Source.
- In the Add Data Source dialog box, click the Cloud Data Sources tab. Then, click the PolarDB for PostgreSQL card.
- In the Add PolarDB for PostgreSQL Database dialog box, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Name The name of the data source. The name appears in the list of data sources. For example, enter cloud data source PolarDB for PostgreSQL. Database Address The hostname or IP address of the database. Port Number The port number that is used to connect to the database. Default value: 5432. Database The name of the database to connect. For example, enter quickbi_PolarDB_for_PostgreSQL. Schema The schema of the database. Default value: public. Username The username that is used to log on to the database. For example, enter quickbi_test. Password The password that is used to log on to the database. VPC Data Source Select this option if you use a virtual private cloud (VPC) to connect to the data source. If you select VPC Data Source, configure the following parameters:
- AccessKey ID: the AccessKey ID that you used to purchase the instance on which the database is deployed.
- AccessKey Secret: the AccessKey secret that you used to purchase the instance.
- Instance ID: the ID of the instance.
- Region: the region in which the instance is deployed.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the data source can be connected.
- Click OK.