Transit routers are new components of Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN). Try transit routers for a limited free trial period.
You can create transit routers in each region for a CEN instance. The transit routers that you create serve as central hubs in each region to connect networks. You can use transit routers to connect network instances that are created in the same region or different regions to implement intra-region or cross-region communication. In addition, transit routers support CEN features such as route tables, route maps, and cross-region connections. You can add routes and configure route maps on transit routers to connect networks, isolate networks, and redirect network traffic.
- Basic Edition transit routers: support the basic features of CEN. You can use transit routers to connect network instances. When you use a transit router to create a cross-region connection, you can allocate bandwidth for the connection. You can also configure route maps on transit routers.
- Enterprise Edition transit routers: In addition to the preceding basic features, Enterprise Edition transit routers support custom route tables, route learning, and route table associations. This allows you to isolate networks and redirect network traffic based on your business requirements. For more information, see Transit routers.
DescriptionCEN transit routers are released. Basic Edition transit routers are available in all regions. Enterprise Edition transit routers are available in specific regions. For more information about the regions that support Enterprise Edition transit routers, see Regions and zones that support Enterprise Edition transit routers.
Free trial period
Starting March 24, 2021, transit routers are offered for free for a limited time. The end date will be announced at a later date.
During the free trial, you are not charged when you create connections between network instances in the same region. In addition, you are not charged for the data that is transferred within the same region. However, to connect network instances across regions, you must purchase a bandwidth plan and allocate bandwidth for cross-region connections. For more information about the billing of CEN bandwidth plans, see Billing of bandwidth plans.
How to start
To start your free trial, perform the following operations:
- Log on to the CEN console.
- In the upper-right corner of the CEN page, click Try New Version to navigate to the new CEN console.
- In the new CEN console, perform the following operations:
For more information about the new CEN console, see What is CEN?.