If you need to collaboratively edit a MaxCompute table with multiple users, you can share the MaxCompute table and grant the users permissions to edit the MaxCompute table. This topic describes how to share a MaxCompute table and grant edit or read permissions to specified users.
- Go to the DataStudio page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target workspace resides. Find the target workspace and click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- On the DataStudio page, click the icon in the upper-left corner and choose .
- On the DataAnalysis homepage, click Experience Now. The Web Excel page appears.
- In the top navigation bar, click Dimension.
- In the All Dimension Tables section of the page, click the name of the MaxCompute table that you want to edit in the File Name column to go to the MaxCompute table editing page.
If you create a MaxCompute table in this step, the MaxCompute table editing page appears after the MaxCompute table is created. For more information, see Edit a MaxCompute table.
- In the upper-right corner of the MaxCompute table editing page, click Share. In the dialog box that appears, set the sharing method as needed.
You must configure the following information before you can share a MaxCompute table with other users:
- Link: After you specify Users with Edit Access and Users with Read Access or turn on Visible to All, click Copy Link and send the copied URL to other users as needed.
- Users with Edit Access: To specify users with permissions to edit the MaxCompute table, click in the Users with Edit Access section. In the Share File with These Users dialog box, enter and select the names of the users to be granted the edit permissions, and click OK.
Note You can grant the edit permissions to up to 10 users.
- Users with Read Access: To specify users with permissions to view the MaxCompute table, click in the Users with Read Access section. In the Share File with These Users dialog box, enter and select the names of the users to be granted the read permissions, and click OK.
Note You can grant the read permissions to up to 30 users.
After the sharing method is set, you can send the URL to other users. The users can access the MaxCompute table through the URL. On the Dimension page, you can also view the MaxCompute tables that are shared with you.