After you create a Message Queue for MQTT subscription instance, you can change the billing method of the instance to pay-as-you-go. This feature helps you reclaim some costs and use resources of the Message Queue for MQTT instance as needed. This topic shows you how to change the billing method of a Message Queue for MQTT instance from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- The Message Queue for MQTT instance whose billing method you want to change is in the In Service state.
- The instance is not in the Temporary Upgrade state.
- The billing method of the instance is subscription.
- Your account balance is sufficient. This prevents overdue payments from affecting the running of your instance.
If you change the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go, you are charged 15% of the current balance of your instance. Vouchers and coupons are not counted into the balance. The total fee is calculated in the following formula:
Fee = (Number of remaining days/Total number of days) × Amount of the order × 15%
After you change the billing method of the instance from subscription to pay-as-you-go, a refund (if applicable) is returned to your original payment account. The refund is calculated in the following formula:
Refund = (Number of remaining days/Total number of days) × Amount of the order × (1 - 15%)
- The billing method change does not affect the running of an instance.
- The billing method cannot be changed from pay-as-you-go to subscription. Therefore, the change from subscription to pay-as-you-go is irreversible. Proceed with caution.
- Log on to the Message Queue for MQTT console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the instance that you want to view in the instance list. Click the instance name or click Details in the Actions column to go to the Instance Details page.
- In the Overview section of the Instance Details page, click Change to Pay-as-you-go.
- In the message that appears, read the content. After you confirm the content, click OK.
- On the Switch to Pay-As-You-Go page, select Message Queue for MQTT (Pay-as-you-go) Terms of Service, and click Buy Now. Complete the payment as prompted.