After you create a subscription instance of Message Queue for MQTT, you can switch the billing method of the instance to pay-as-you-go. This feature helps you reclaim some costs and use the Message Queue for MQTT instance as needed. This topic describes how to switch a subscription instance of Message Queue for MQTT to a pay-as-you-go instance.
- The target Message Queue for MQTT instance is in the In Service state.
- The target instance is not in the temporarily upgraded state.
- The billing method of the instance is subscription.
- You have sufficient balance in your account. This avoids overdue payments from affecting the running of your instance.
To switch the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go, you will be charged 15% of the current balance of your instance. Vouchers and coupons are not counted as the balance. The total fee is calculated by using the following formula:
Fee = (Number of remaining days/Total number of days) × Amount of the order × 15%
After the billing method is switched from subscription to pay-as-you-go, the balance of the subscription instance is refunded to you to the original payment account. The balance is calculated by using the following formula:
Balance = (Number of remaining days/Total number of days) × Amount of the order × (1 − 15%)
- Switching the billing method of an instance does not affect the running of the instance.
- The billing method cannot be switched from pay-as-you-go to subscription. Therefore, the switching from subscription to pay-as-you-go is irreversible. Proceed with caution.
- Log on to the Message Queue for MQTT console. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the instance is located.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- In the upper part of the Instances page, click the target instance, and then click Change to Pay-as-you-go.
- In the Confirmation dialog box that appears, read the notes. After you confirm the notes, click OK.
- On the Switch to Pay-As-You-Go page, select Message Queue for MQTT (Pay-as-you-go) Terms of Service, and then click Buy Now. Follow the instructions to make the payment.