This topic describes the entry and features of Logview V2.0. You can use Logview V2.0 to view job running information.
- Provides an interactive directed acyclic graph (DAG) to display the logical architecture of job processing. You can also view the operators of a job.
- Supports job execution playback.
- Allows you to view memory usage and CPU utilization by using Fuxi Sensor.
Title and function section
|Open the Logview_detail.txt file that contains job details. The file is saved on your computer.|
|Return to the original Logview UI.|
|Save the job details as a file.|
|MaxCompute Service||The endpoint of MaxCompute on which the job is running. For more information, see Configure endpoints.|
|Project||The name of the MaxCompute project to which the job belongs.|
|Cloud account||The Alibaba Cloud account that is used to submit the job.|
|Type||The type of the job. Valid values: SQL, SQLRT, LOT, XLib, CUPID, AlgoTask, and Graph.|
|Status||The status of the job. Valid values:
|Start Time||The time when the job is submitted.|
|End Time||The time when the job is completed.|
|Latency||The period during which the job is executed.|
|Progress||The progress of the job.|
|Priority||The priority of the job.|
|Queue||The position of the job in the queue in the resource quota group.|
- Job Details
- Progress chart
In the upper part of the Job Details tab, the progress chart of a job is displayed. The progress chart shows the subtask dependencies from three dimensions: Fuxi jobs, Fuxi tasks, and operators. It also provides a series of tools to help you troubleshoot issues. The following figure shows the upper part of the Job Details tab.
No. Description 1 The breadcrumb navigation that is used to switch Fuxi jobs. JOB:_SQL_0_0_0_job_0 is the name of a Fuxi job. 2 The troubleshooting tool. You can use Progress Chart, Input Heat Chart, Output Heat Chart, TaskTime Heart Chart, or InstanceTime Heart Chart for troubleshooting. 3 You can click the icon to refresh the job status and the icon to zoom in or out the progress chart. You can also click the icon to obtain MaxCompute Studio documentation and the icon to switch to the upper level of the job. 4 The zoom tool. 5 The Fuxi task. A MaxCompute job consists of one or more Fuxi jobs. Each Fuxi job consists of one or more Fuxi tasks. Each Fuxi task consists of one or more Fuxi instances. If the amount of input data increases, MaxCompute starts more nodes for each task to process the data. A node is equivalent to a Fuxi instance. For example, a simple MapReduce job generates two Fuxi tasks: map task (M1) and reduce task (R2). If an SQL statement is complex, multiple Fuxi tasks may be generated.
You can view the name of each Fuxi task on the execution page. For example, M1 indicates a map task. The 3 and 9 fields in R4_3_9 indicate that the map task can be executed only after M3 and C9_3 are completed. Similarly, M2_4_9_10_16 indicates that the M2 task can be executed only after R4_3_9, C9_3, R10_1_16, and C16_1 are completed. R/W indicates the numbers of rows that the task reads and writes.
Click or right-click a task to view operator dependencies and operator graphs of the task.
Logview V2.0 provides table dependencies so that you can quickly view the input and output tables.
6 The Fuxi task playback. You can click the icon to start or stop the playback. You can drag the progress bar to play at certain time. The start time and end time are displayed on both sides of the progress bar. The playing time is displayed in the middle. 7 EagleEye.Note
- The playback feature is not applicable to in-progress Fuxi tasks.
- An AlgoTask job, such as a Machine Learning Platform for AI (PAI) job, contains only one Fuxi task. Therefore, no progress charts are provided for such jobs.
- For non-SQL jobs, only Fuxi jobs and Fuxi tasks are displayed.
- If only one Fuxi job exists, the progress chart shows the dependencies among Fuxi tasks. If multiple Fuxi jobs exist, the progress chart shows the dependencies among the Fuxi jobs.
- Running status of jobs
In the lower part of the Job Details tab, the detailed running information about the job is displayed. The following figure shows the lower part of the Job Details tab.
No. Description 1 The Fuxi Jobs tab. You can switch Fuxi jobs on this tab. 2 The details about Fuxi tasks of the Fuxi job. Click a Fuxi task to display information about the Fuxi instance of this task. By default, information about the Fuxi instance of the first Fuxi task for the first Fuxi job is displayed. 3 Logview divides instances into groups based on their status. You can click the number next to Failed to query information about faulty nodes. 4 Fuxi Sensor. This feature is provided only for AlgoTask jobs, such as PAI jobs. You can use Fuxi Sensor to view the memory usage and CPU utilization of Fuxi instances. For more information, see Fuxi Sensor.Note Fuxi Sensor is available in the China (Chengdu), China (Shenzhen), China (Shanghai), China (Hangzhou), China (Zhangjiakou-Beijing Winter Olympics), and China (Beijing) regions. 5 StdOut and StdErr. You can view output messages, error messages, and information to be displayed. You can also download the information. 6 Debug. You can debug and troubleshoot errors.
- Progress chart
- ResultThis tab shows the result of a job. If a job failed, this tab is displayed and shows the cause of the failure. The system displays data in plain text or a table based on the response format configured in MaxCompute. You can log on to the MaxCompute client and set the odps.sql.select.output.format parameter to specify the format. If you set this parameter to HumanReadable, the result is displayed in plain text. Otherwise, the result is displayed in CSV format.
- TableYou can perform the following operations on this tab:
- Select a row to export its data.
- Select the table heading to export data from the current page.
- In the table heading, click the icon and select Select All Data or Deselect All as needed.
- Click export to export data in CSV format. CSV is a file name extension. You can use a text file or Sublime Text to open CSV files.
- Plain text
- TableYou can perform the following operations on this tab:
This tab shows the source XML information about the job that is submitted to MaxCompute.
- SQL Script
This tab shows SQL scripts of the job that is submitted to MaxCompute.
This tab shows the overall running information about the job that is submitted to MaxCompute.
- Json Summary
This tab shows the overall running information about the job in JSON format.
This tab shows the historical information about a Fuxi instance if the instance is executed multiple times.
- Substatus History
This tab shows the detailed information about a job, including the status code, status description, start time, duration, and end time.
- If out-of-memory (OOM) occurs, analyze the amount of memory used.
- Compare the numbers of requested and used resources to optimize the resource request process.
- CPU utilization
The cpu_usage chart has two lines. One indicates the number of requested CPUs (cpu_plan), and the other one indicates the number of used CPUs (cpu_usage). In the y-axis, 400 indicates four processors.
- Memory usage
The mem_usage chart has two lines. One indicates the number of requested memory resources (mem_plan), and the other one indicates the number of used memory resources (mem_usage).mem_usage contains Resident Set Size (RSS) and PageCache. If the memory is insufficient, RSS cannot be reclaimed, which may cause OOM. PageCache is the memory occupied by the kernel to cache files that are required by the read and write requests, such as log files. If the memory is insufficient, PageCache can be reclaimed.
- Memory details
- RSS usage
- PageCache usage