You must create instances in your ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster before you use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase. The instances are created on the hosts in the dedicated cluster based on the specified resource allocation policy.
A host is added to a MyBase for SQL Server dedicated cluster. For more information, see Add hosts to a MyBase for SQL Server dedicated cluster.
For more information about ApsaraDB for MyBase, see What is ApsaraDB for MyBase?
Supported versions and editions
|SQL Server 2019 Enterprise Edition Always On||Always On||Before you create an instance of Always On, add at least two hosts that use the same storage type to the dedicated cluster.|
|SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition Always On|
|SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition||
|SQL Server 2017 Standard Edition|
|SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition|
|SQL Server 2016 Standard Edition|
|SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition|
|SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition|
|SQL Server 2017 Web||Basic Edition||Before you create an instance of the Basic Edition, add a host to the dedicated cluster.|
|SQL Server 2016 Web|
|SQL Server 2012 Web|
|Basic Edition||A MyBase for SQL Server instance of the Basic Edition is a standalone instance that decouples computing and storage. This edition is cost-effective.||
|High-availability Edition||A MyBase for SQL Server instance of the High-availability Edition uses a primary/secondary architecture to ensure high availability. This edition is suitable for more than 80% of the business scenarios.||
|Always On||A MyBase for SQL Server Always On instance is built on top of the Always On availability groups feature and decouples computing and storage. By default, a MyBase for SQL Server Always On instance consists of a primary instance and a read-only instance. A MyBase for SQL Server Always On instance enables read/write splitting. If you need to split read and write requests, configure a read/write splitting endpoint. You can also increase the number of read-only instances as needed. This improves the read performance of the MyBase for SQL Server Always On instance. For more information about how to add read-only instances, see Add a read-only instance. For more information about MyBase for SQL Server Always On instances, see Use a MyBase for SQL Server Always On instance.||Production databases for large and medium-sized enterprises, such as online retailers, automobile companies, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) providers|
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create a dedicated
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the MyBase for MySQL dedicated cluster that you want to manage, and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation tree, click Instances. Then, click Create Instance.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Database Engine The database engine on which the instance runs. Select SQLServer. After an instance is created, you cannot change the database engine for the instance. Current Version The version of the database engine on which the instance runs. The following versions are supported:
- SQL Server 2019 Enterprise Edition Always On
- SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition Always On
- SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition
- SQL Server 2017 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2017 Web
- SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition
- SQL Server 2016 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2016 Web
- SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition
- SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2012 Web
Edition The edition of the instance. The following editions are supported:
Note Configure this parameter based on Current Version. For more information, see Supported versions and editions.
- High Availability Edition
- Basic Edition
- Always On
Storage Type The storage type of the instance. Valid values:
- Enhanced SSD (Recommended)
- ESSD PL2 (Recommended)
- ESSD PL3 (Recommended)
Instance Type The type of the instance. Storage Capacity The storage of the instance. Deployment Method You can select Default Policy or Specified Host.Note
- If you select Default Policy, Distribution Policy is set to Balance. This indicates that new database instances are preferentially created on hosts that have the most available resources.
- If you select Specified Host, configure Primary Host and Secondary Host.
- If you create an instance of Always On or the High-availability Edition, configure Primary Host and Secondary Host.
- If you create an instance of the Basic Edition, configure only Primary Host.
VSwitch The vSwitch to which the host is connected. If no option is available, create a vSwitch as instructed.Note This parameter is available only if you specify Default Policy as Deployment Method. Billing Method Select Pay-As-You-Go. This specifies that you are charged after you use the service.Note When you purchase hosts that use enhanced SSDs (ESSDs), you pay only for the computing fees. Therefore, when you create an instance on a host, you must pay for the used storage of ESSDs. A storage plan is a subscription plan for storage resources. If you subscribe to a storage plan in a region, you can use the storage plan to offset the used storage of the pay-as-you-go instances in the same region. This helps you reduce storage costs.
- Click Create Now. On the page that appears, complete the payment.