Before you use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase, create an instance in an ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster. The system allocates the instance to a host in the dedicated cluster based on the specified resource allocation policy.
A host is created in the dedicated cluster. For more information, see Add a host.
For more information about ApsaraDB for MyBase, see What is ApsaraDB for MyBase?.
Supported instance editions
- SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition
- SQL Server 2017 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2017 Web
- SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition
- SQL Server 2016 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2016 Web
- SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition
- SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2012 Web
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to deploy the
- Find the dedicated cluster in which you want to create an instance, and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances and then click Create Instance.
- Configure the following parameters:
Parameter Description Database Engine The database engine that the instance runs. After you create an instance, you cannot change its database engine.Note The database engine must be the engine that you select for the dedicated cluster where the instance resides. For example, if the dedicated cluster runs MySQL, you can select only MySQL. For more information, see Create a dedicated cluster. Current Version The version of the database engine that the instance runs. Edition The edition of the instance. You can select only High-availability Edition .Note To create a High-availability Edition instance, ensure that a minimum of two hosts are created. Storage Type The storage type of the instance. You can select only Enhanced SSD.Note
- When you create an instance, you can select the ESSD PL2 (Recommended) or ESSD PL3 (Recommended) storage type.
- You can create an instance that uses a specific type of storage only if a minimum of two hosts that use the same type of storage are available.
Storage Capacity The storage capacity of enhanced SSDs. Instance Type The type of the instance. Billing Method Only the Pay-As-You-Go billing method is available.
- Click Create Now.