Host monitoring allows you to monitor your hosts by installing the Cloud Monitor agent on the hosts to collect operating system metrics.
|C++||3.X||The C++ agent is the latest version. We recommend that you install the C++ agent.||Install and uninstall the Cloud Monitor agent|
|Go||2.X||The GoLang agent is no longer maintained. We recommend that you install the C++ agent.|
|Java||1.X||The Java agent is no longer maintained. We recommend that you install the C++ agent.|
|Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or later||i386 or AMD64|
|Linux 2.6.23 or later with the GNU C Library||i386 or AMD64|
- Linux: /usr/local/cloudmonitor
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Alibaba\cloudmonitor
- Linux: /usr/local/cloudmonitor/bin/argusagent
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Alibaba\cloudmonitor\bin\argusagent
The Cloud Monitor agent accesses TCP port 80, 443, 3128, or 8080 of a remote host to send heartbeat messages and report monitoring data.
|CPU||0.2% to 1.0% of a CPU core|
|Memory||10 MB to 20 MB|
|Network bandwidth||About 10 Kbit/s of internal bandwidth occupied when monitoring data is reported at
intervals of 15s
About 2 Kbit/s of internal bandwidth occupied when heartbeat messages are sent at intervals of 3 minutes
|Disk space occupied by the installation package||10 MB to 15 MB|
|Disk space occupied by logs||10 MB occupied by a log file and up to 70 MB occupied by all log files|
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Alibaba\cloudmonitor\local_data\logs
- Linux: /usr/local/cloudmonitor/local_data/logs
- argusagentd.log: stores the logs generated by the C++ agent to daemonize processes. The logs contain information such as the startup and shutdown of monitoring processes.
- argusagent.log: stores the operational logs of the C++ agent.
For more information, see Install and uninstall the Cloud Monitor agent.
For more information, see Common operations.