A key link for enterprises to implement automated operations and maintenance (O&M) is to quickly find multiple resources on which you want to perform O&M at a time. This can be achieved by using resource tags and Operation Orchestration Service (OOS). This topic describes how to use OOS to start multiple Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances with specific tags at a time.
Step 1: Create and bind tags to ECS instances
In the ECS console or on the Tags page of the Resource Management console, create
business:bigdata tag and bind it to ECS instances. The following content uses the Tags page of the
Resource Management console to describe the preceding operations:
- Log on to the Resource Management console. The Tags page appears.
- Select a region for Region.
- Set Tag Type to All Custom Tags.
- Click Create/Bind Tags. In the Create/Bind Tags pane, create the
business:bigdatatag and bind it to existing ECS instances. For more information, see Create and bind a tag.
Step 2: Start multiple ECS instances with specific tags at a time in the OOS console
Execute the ACS-ECS-BulkyStartInstances public template in the OOS console. In this
step, set the template execution targets to ECS instances that are bound with the
- Log on to the OOS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Public Templates.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.Note By default, OOS deployed in a region can be used to manage resources only in that region. For example, OOS deployed in the China (Hangzhou) region can be used to manage ECS instances only in this region. However, OOS provides a method to manage resources deployed in other regions. If you want to call API operations in other regions, specify the RegionID parameter in the ACS::ExecuteAPI action. We recommend that you do not use this method. Keep the region of OOS the same as the region of the ECS instance that is specified in Step 1: Create and bind tags to ECS instances.
- On the Public Templates page, find ACS-ECS-BulkyStartInstances and click Create Execution.
- On the Create page, perform the following operations:
- In the Basic Information step, keep the default values and click Next: Parameter Settings.The default value of Execution Mode is Automatic. This indicates that all tasks in the template will be automatically executed.
- In the Parameter Settings step, set Targets to Specify Instance Tags. Select
businessfrom the Tag Key drop-down list and select
bigdatafrom the Tag Value drop-down list. Set Permissions to Use Existing Permissions of Current Account. Keep the default values for other parameters.
- Click Next: OK.
- Confirm the settings and click Create.
- In the Basic Information step, keep the default values and click Next: Parameter Settings.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Executions. On the page that appears, click
the Instance List tab. On this tab, view execution results.
All ECS instances that are bound with the
business:bigdatatag are started.