A key link for enterprises to implement automated operations and maintenance (O&M) is to quickly find multiple resources on which you want to perform O&M at a time. This can be achieved by using resource tags and Operation Orchestration Service (OOS). This topic describes how to use OOS to start multiple Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances with specific tags at a time.
Step 1: Add tags to ECS instances
In the ECS console or on the Tags page of the Resource Management console, add the
business:bigdata tag to ECS instances. In this section, the Tags page of the Resource Management console
Step 2: Start multiple ECS instances with specific tags at a time in the OOS console
Execute the ACS-ECS-BulkyStartInstances public template in the OOS console. In this
step, set the template execution target to ECS instances to which the
business:bigdata tag is added.
- Log on to the OOS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Public Templates.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.Note By default, OOS deployed in a region can be used to manage resources only in that region. For example, OOS deployed in the China (Hangzhou) region can be used to manage ECS instances only in this region. However, OOS provides a method to manage resources deployed in other regions. If you want to call API operations in other regions, specify the RegionId parameter in the ACS::ExecuteAPI action. We recommend that you do not use this method. Make sure that the region of OOS is the same as that of the ECS instances that are specified in Step 1: Add tags to ECS instances.
- On the Public Templates page, find ACS-ECS-BulkyStartInstances and click Create Execution.
- On the Create page, perform the following steps:
- In the Basic Information step, keep the default values and click Next: Parameter Settings.The default value of Execution Mode is Automatic. This indicates that all tasks in the template will automatically run.
- In the Parameter Settings step, set targets to Specify Instance Tags. Select
businessfrom the Tag Key drop-down list and select
bigdatafrom the Tag Value drop-down list. Set Permissions to Use Existing Permissions of Current Account. Keep the default values for other parameters.
- Click Next: OK.
- Confirm the settings and click Create.
- In the Basic Information step, keep the default values and click Next: Parameter Settings.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Executions. On the page that appears, click
the Instance List tab. On this tab, view execution results.
All ECS instances to which the
business:bigdatatag is added are started.