To use Cloud Monitor to trigger functions, you must create an event alert to connect Cloud Monitor to Function Compute. This topic describes how to connect Cloud Monitor to Function Compute in the Cloud Monitor console.
Create an event alert
- Log on to the Cloud Monitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Event Monitoring.
- On the Event Monitoring page, click the Alert Rules tab. Then, click Create Event Alert in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create / Modify Event Alert panel, set the alert parameters.
The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Alert Rule Name The name of the alert rule. Event Type Select System Event. Product Type Select a service type as required. Event Type The type of event for which alerts are to be triggered. Event Level The severity of the event. Event Name The name of the event. Resource Range
- All Resources: Cloud Monitor sends alert notifications for all resource-related events based on your configurations.
- Application Groups: Cloud Monitor sends alert notifications only for events that are related to the resources in the specified application group.
Alert Type Select Function service and set the Region, Service, and Function Name parameters.
- Click OK.