To use Cloud Monitor to trigger function execution, you must create an event alert to connect Cloud Monitor to Function Compute. This topic describes how to create an event alert in the Cloud Monitor console.
Create an event alert
- Log on to the Cloud Monitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose
.The Alert Rules page appears.
- Click the Event Alert tab, and then click Create Event Alert.
The Create/Modify Event Alert dialog box appears.
- In the Basic Information section, specify the alert rule name.
- Set the parameters in the Event alert section.
- Set Event Type to System Event.
- Set Product Type, Event Level, and Event Name as needed.
- Select a value for Resource Range. If you select All Resources, Cloud Monitor sends alert notifications for events related to all resources. If you select Application Groups, Cloud Monitor sends alert notifications for events related to the resources in the specified application group.
- Set the parameters in the Alert Type section.
Select Function service (Best Practices). Select a region, service, and function.
- Click OK.