Enhanced NAT gateways are upgraded from the technical architecture of standard NAT gateways. Compared with standard NAT gateways, enhanced NAT gateways offer higher elasticity and stability. This helps you manage data transfer in a more efficient way. We recommend that you upgrade standard NAT gateways to enhanced NAT gateways.
- Log on to the NAT Gateway console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the NAT gateway is deployed.
- On the NAT Gateway page, click Upgrade Now.If you have upgraded standard NAT gateways before, click Continue to Upgrade.
- In the Upgrade to Enhanced NAT Gateway dialog box, set the following parameters.
Parameter Description NAT Gateway Select the standard NAT gateway that you want to upgrade. Select a VSwitch for the enhanced NAT gateway Select a zone and a VSwitch for the enhanced NAT gateway.Note You must specify a VSwitch for the enhanced NAT gateway. After a VSwitch is specified, the system automatically selects an IP address from the CIDR block of the VSwitch for data transmission. Make sure that the CIDR block of the VSwitch has sufficient unused IP addresses.
- Click OK.
- After the request is submitted, click Back.
- You can check the progress of the upgrade on the NAT Gateway page. Find the NAT gateway and click View Progress in the Status column.It takes about five minutes to upgrade a standard NAT gateway to an enhanced NAT gateway. During the upgrade process, the NAT gateway may be disconnected for 1 to 2 seconds. The service resumes after your workloads are reconnected.