This topic describes how to modify the health check settings for a virtual border router (VBR) that is attached to a Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) instance. You can modify the source IP address, destination IP address, probe interval, and number of probe packets.
- Log on to the CEN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Health Check.
- On the Health Check page, select the region where the VBR that you want to manage is deployed.
- Find the health check setting that you want to manage and click Edit in the Actions column.
- In the Edit Health Check dialog box, you can modify the source IP address, destination IP address, probe interval, and number of probe packets based on the following information. Then, click OK.
Parameter Description Source IP You can specify an idle IP address from the 10.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/16, or 172.16.0.0/12 CIDR block. The source IP address must not conflict with the IP address of the VBR interface that is connected to Alibaba Cloud or the customer-premises device. In addition, the source IP address must not conflict with the IP addresses with which the VBR communicates in the CEN instance. Destination IP The IP address of the VBR interface that is connected to the customer-premises device. Probe Interval (Seconds) The interval at which probe packets are sent for health checks. Unit: seconds.
Default value: 2. Valid values: 2 to 3.
Probe Packets The number of probe packets to be sent for health checks. Unit: packets.
Default value: 8. Valid values: 3 to 8.Note The system sends probe packets at the specified intervals. If the number of consecutively dropped packets reaches the specified number of probe packets, the network is considered unhealthy.