This topic describes the billing methods that Function Compute supports.
Function Compute supports the subscription and pay-as-you-go billing methods. The subscription billing method offers a lower unit price for resources than the pay-as-you-go billing method. You can purchase resource vouchers in advance and use them to pay for your resources.
- Subscription: In subscription mode, you estimate your required resources and purchase
resource vouchers in advance. The subscription billing method offers a lower unit
price for resources than the pay-as-you-go billing method. For more information, see
- Advantages: Subscription resources have a 70% lower unit price than pay-as-you-go resources.
- Disadvantages: Subscriptions only cover resources used within a specific period of time. Resource usage that exceeds the subscription is billed on the pay-as-you-go basis. If you purchase a subscription that meets your peak usage requirements, resource utilization during other time periods will be low. For more information about purchasing a CU subscription, see Best practices of minimizing Function Compute costs.
- Pay-as-you-go: You are charged for the resources that are consumed. For more information,
- Advantages: Function Compute offers better flexibility than other computing products. You are billed only for the resources that you consume, and resource utilization can reach 100%.
- Disadvantages: Pay-as-you-go resources have a higher unit price than subscription resources.
|Billable item||Supported billing method|
|Resource usage of function instances||Subscription and pay-as-you-go|
|Data transfer to the Internet||Pay-as-you-go|