This topic provides answers to some commonly asked questions about the Settings feature of Security Center.
How do I modify the alert contacts that receive notifications?
Security Center sends you notifications about vulnerabilities, baseline checks, and alerts by using text messages, emails, or internal messages. You can perform the following procedure to modify the alert contacts or the information of alert contacts.
- Go to Message Center.
- On the Common Settings page, find Security Notice and click Modify in the Contact column.The Contact column displays the specific contacts of each notification type.
- In the Modify Contact dialog box, modify alert contacts.Select the contacts to which you want Security Center to send notifications. Only the contacts that you select can receive notifications. Perform the following operations as needed:
- To add an alert contact, click Add Receiver, enter the name and email address of the new contact, and then click OK.
- To modify the information of an existing contact, click Manage Contacts in the upper-right corner of the Common Settings page.
- You must select at least one contact. By default, the alert contact is the contact of your Alibaba Cloud account, which is the one that you specify when you create your account.
- Before a contact can receive notifications, you must verify the email address and phone number of the contact. The system automatically sends a verification message to the specified phone number and email address so you can complete the verification.
- Click Save.The new settings immediately take effect.
Can I receive notifications if I did not specify any severities for alerts?
No, if you did not specify any severities in the Severity column for alerts, Security Center does not send you notifications. You can go to the Alerts page to view the alerts that are generated on your assets.