This topic provides answers to some commonly asked questions about the settings of Security Center.
How do I modify the contacts that receive alert notifications?
Security Center supports multiple notification methods. You can receive security information such as vulnerabilities, baseline check results, and security alerts through text messages, emails, and internal messages. Perform the following steps to modify contact information, including email addresses and mobile phone numbers.
- Log on to the Message Center console.
- On the Common Settings page, find Security Notice, and then click Modify under Account Contact.In the Contact column, you can click Modify for a specific notification type to view or modify the contacts.
- In the Modify Contact dialog box, modify contacts.Select the contacts that you want Security Center to send notifications to. Only the selected contacts can receive notifications. Perform the following steps based on your needs:
- To add a contact, click Add Receiver, and enter the contact name, email address, and mobile phone number. Then, click OK.
- To modify a contact, click Manage Contacts in the upper-right corner of the Common Settings page.
- You must select a minimum of one contact. By default, the contact that receives notifications is the one that you specify during account creation.
- Before a contact can receive notifications, verify the email address and mobile phone number of the contact. The system automatically sends a verification message to the specified mobile phone number and email address. Verify the contact information based on instructions in a timely manner.
- Click Save.The contact settings take effect immediately.