ApsaraDB for MongoDB provides the log audit feature supported by Log Service. You can use this feature to query audit logs, slow logs, and operational logs of ApsaraDB for MongoDB and visualize the query results. You can also create alerts for the logs, ship, and transform the logs. This topic describes the resources, billings, and limits that are related to the log audit feature.
- Dedicated project and Logstores
If you enable the log audit feature of ApsaraDB for MongoDB, a project named in the format of nosql-Alibaba Cloud account ID-region ID and Logstores named mongo_audit_log and mongo_slow_run_log are created.
- The mongo_audit_log Logstore is used to store ApsaraDB for MongoDB audit logs.
- The mongo_slow_run_log Logstore is used to store slow logs and operational logs of ApsaraDB for MongoDB.
- Dedicated dashboard
Note We recommend that you do not make changes to the dedicated dashboard because this may affect the usability of the dashboard. You can create a custom dashboard to visualize the results of log queries. For more information, see Create a dashboard.A dashboard is automatically generated for the mongo_audit_log Logstore.
Dashboard Description Mongo Audit Log Center Displays audit log of ApsaraDB for MongoDB, including the number of users, clients, and audit log entries, average response time (RT), and average request rate.
- The log audit feature of ApsaraDB for MongoDB includes the free trial version and official version. The free trial version is available and is free of charge.
- After logs are shipped to Log Service, you can transform and ship the logs. You can also read the logs in streaming mode over the external network. Bills are generated in Log Service for data transformation, shipping, and reading. For more information, see Log Service pricing.
- You can write only ApsaraDB for MongoDB logs to a dedicated Logstore. In addition, you cannot modify the indexes in a dedicated Logstore.
- You cannot delete dedicated projects or Logstores.
- The retention period of data in a dedicated Logstore is one day and cannot be modified.
- If you have overdue payments for your Log Service resources, the log analysis feature becomes unavailable. To ensure service continuity, you must pay your overdue payment within the prescribed time limit.
- The log audit feature is available for ApsaraDB for MongoDB replica set instances and sharded cluster instances.